These are my #2018makenine plans! I saw this on Crafty Pin-ups Make 9, I decided to create my sewing plans for 2018. Though I already know I won’t finish all of these, but it’s still helpful to set a mini planner. All of these are some way out of my comfort zone of sewing, cause I don’t have that broad of a range of sewing skills than I should. Mostly, since it’s hard to do once you’re in the habit.
1. I bought the fabric and pattern already for this and #2 last year, but I never got around to making them. I started this dress already in January, almost finished with it, just gotta add an invisible zipper to the back! Which I have never done before and I am quite nervous to do. The pattern is a 1960’s pattern I bought off Etsy’s seller SewingBirdPatterns and the fabric is from Annadaisys Fabrics both are Camelot Design Studio fabrics. Hearts and Animals.
Bottom (skirt) fabric
I’m doing view B (sleeveless) for this dress.
2. This project will be another version of the first dress. I wanted to make two of the same dress, so I would be able to make it exactly how I wanted it with modifications and everything. This fabric was also bought from the same Etsy store Annadaisys Fabrics both are Lewis & Irene Fabric, one is a border print- I’ve never sewn a border print before!! Border print (it’s sold out!) and Top fabricSkirt of the dress fabric- it’s a border print!
This was the other 60s pattern I bought. Not sure if I should do this pattern or the same one as #1. But I kinda like the appearance of the buttons, to add a little more something to the dress.
3. Next, I have a full skirt! Something much easier than the two dresses. I bought this ADORABLE Disney movie poster fabric from The Blushing Iris and I only have enough make a skirt. I think I have a full skirt pattern, if not, I’ll just take the skirt piece from maybe the previous dress and turn it into a skirt.
Skirt Fabric!! So adorable
4. I’ve always wanted to make everyday poodle skirt- I do own a costume of one- but I want something that I can wear day-to-day. Also, I don’t want to add a poodle like everyone else’s, but I’ve seen old pictures with records or cats or other appliques.
5. One thing I’m in desperate need of is normal basic blouses. I have a couple all white blouses, but not much of any other color. Also, I want to make short sleeved ones, since either I’m extremely picky or they’re impossible to find. I feel like blouses are the perfect item since they’re perfect to pair with any bottoms for a day to night look. These are a couple patterns I found that I may buy later:
Found here. I’d probably reverse the back and front and add a button detail instead of a zipper; since I LOVE my Collectif Phoebe blouse.
6. Speaking of tops, I’ve been dying to try one of the Tilly & The Buttons patterns. The pattern I’d probably pick is the oh so popular, Coco top/dress. Kinda nervous since it is a knit pattern and I’ve only used knits once before! But, this top is a basic clothing piece and I’ve seen a ton of renditions of this pattern too, can’t wait to make it my own!
7. I really also want to make a gingham vintage inspired playsuit. Usually, true vintage playsuits are definitely out of my price range. And one-pieces like that are just tough for me overall, me being 5’10 with a long torso. So I figured I should make my own!
8. This one isn’t as much of clothing, but an accessory. I would love to try and sew a novelty bag of some kind. I’ve seen a couple tutorials on bags like these, and they’re definitely out of my comfort zone, and oh so cute! Here’s some inspiration I’ve found:
9. Last but definitely not least, I really want to try and sew lingerie. Yes, I know this is very broad, so it may be a bralette or a pair of panties. But my size is very hard to find when shopping for undergarments, so maybe sewing them is the best option for me! I’ve found a couple patterns that I would like to try too. I would either purchase a pattern from Ohhh Lulu Lingerie or Eviela Luve DIY both on Etsy. They both have pdf patterns as well as printed. Some of their patterns I like that I’ve found are: